Now that sounds like a difficult subject! We all shy away from talking about it and yet what could actually be more important?
On this podcast we return to our conversation with the author John Wyatt and explore the subject of what it means to die well.
Do join us in this 35 minute conversation when we explore:
- How to prepare the space to talk
- The importance of asking open-ended questions such as ‘What is your understanding of what is going on medically?’… ‘What are you afraid of?’…..’What are your dreams and goals for the remainder of the time you have left?’
- The four kinds of pain – physical, psychological, relational and spiritual
- How do we help those with a different faith to our own?
- The meaning of the poem ‘Between the saddle and the ground, he mercy sought and mercy found.’
- Dealing with the fear of abandonment.
- Understanding the importance of physical presence with loved ones
- The importance of advanced care planning.
We close with the ancient Old Testament blessing that has been given over many centuries:
”The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine on you and be gracious to you,
The LORD turn His face towards you and give you peace.”
You may also find of interest the following podcasts and related articles