We hear a lot about balancing life and work in our day and age. Wherever you look and whoever you talk to, getting the right balance in life is something many people are hungry for. With so many priorities and responsibilities in our lives this is becoming for many of us increasingly important and relevant.
But what do we actually mean when we say we want balance in our lives?
Do come and join my co-host Andrew Horton and I as we unpack this important subject. In particular we discuss:
- How balance is grossly over-rated as a concept.
- Why balance is more of a tension to be managed than a problem to be solved.
- How work-life integration can be more helpful than balance.
- The power of looking at my life as symphony
- The relevance of seasons to life.
- Counter-intutitive reflections and examples from my favourite hero and book when it comes to balance.
You may also find of interest:
What questions and thoughts on life-work balance does this topic and podcast raise for you?