“Don’t wish it was easier. Wish you were better.
Don’t wish for less problems. Wish for more skills.
Don’t wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom.”
If you have been a regular follower of the blog and podcast you will be aware that over the last year I have significantly reduced my online activity. The main reason is to find more time to write the book on wisdom that I have been developing. So how is it going? While it is certainly not yet finished I am pleased to say I’m making good progress.
On this podcast Andrew and I reconnect after a gap of 20 podcast episodes
Do come and join our conversation as we discuss:
- The need for wisdom in our increasingly challenging and complex world that is overflowing with unprecedented and overwhelming levels of information.
- How wisdom is about capability in the complexity of life when the rules don’t help.
- How much of life impacts on the need for wisdom.
- Why I am writing this book.
- Why I have dedicated this book to the memory of Abhishek Banerjee (Bunty) who died in 2014.
“The beginning of wisdom is this: get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honour you.”
You may also find of interest:
Andrew’s book that he mentions on the podcast about how to commission better videos is here.
Also I am setting up a Facebook support page to help me keep focussed on getting this book done as I know how easy it is for me to let this project slip!
Thank you for your suggestions, encouragement and support!
The podcast link is below. Do feel free to share any thoughts and comments you have about our conversation or on the subject of wisdom .