How do we make sense of money? How much money do we actually need? Don't worry I am not trying to sell you anything!
They say money can't buy happiness - and there are many examples of that. But are there ways money can actually buy happiness?
In this podcast with my co-host Andrew Horton we explore the fascinating and complex subject of money. I'm afraid I don't think we can solve your money worries and problems, but we do explore ways that our attitude to money can lead to a healthy and lasting happiness in our lives.
Do join us as we discuss 5 ways that money can buy happiness:
- By buying experiences rather than things. (Those experiences need to fulfil 4 specific criteria).
- By creating treats for yourself. Those treats should specifically be linked to something.
- By using money to buy time. We say time is money, but how can our thinking about money and time help us?
- By paying first and consuming later. Neurologically there is a particular pleasure and reward centre in your brain that is activated when this happens.
- By investing in others in 3 specific ways.
We also look at how surprisingly money and our attitude to it is actually a spiritual subject.
The link to the podcast is below.
You may also be interested in the following blog posts this podcast is linked to:
What questions and comments does the subject of money and happiness raise for you?